Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compilation Error of the sample code "tags_demo.c

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compilation Error of the sample code "tags_demo.cc"
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 08:32:09 -0500

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Zhihong Luo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Can you be more specific about what I need to add to the CMakeLists.txt? Because in the <modulename>/apps/CMakeLists.tx, there is no "sources", but only:

include(GrPython)

GR_PYTHON_INSTALL(
    PROGRAMS
    DESTINATION bin
)

And in the <modulename>/CMakeLists.txt, what do you mean by "Add "uhd" to the list"? Is it "find_package(UHD)"? Or things like including ${UHD_INCLUDE_DIRS} ${GR_UHD_INCLUDE_DIRS}
to the directory? I try to learn from the built-in gr-uhd, but there is no apps folder and its CMakeList.txt looks very different. So I was lost.

I am really unfamiliar with these, so more detailed explanation will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Zhihong Luo

We appreciate your enthusiasm for use GNU Radio and building stuff with it. However, the questions you are asking are more related to C++, makefiles, and CMake. I think you'd be better off studying those and learning the basics before asking questions like that here.

Another tactic you can take is to look at all of the projects available on cgran.org as well as look at the GNU Radio source code itself. We have lots of examples out there that you can learn from to do what you want here.

Tom