Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Half Duplex

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Half Duplex
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:28:42 -0500

On 02/26/2016 12:58 PM, Martin Braun wrote:

Everyone who implements half duplex modems runs into this issue sooner or later. A simple fix is to catch this in software, e.g. On your Mac layer by filtering for your own transmit Mac address (or whatever equivalent you have in your protocol). You can also cache the timestamps of your tx packets and use that to ignore rx packets.

Cheers
Martin

That's precisely what our MAC layer used to do on packet radio, as I recall--ignore any packet that has our own MAC address in the
  source field.