Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU to Tagged Stream with BIG PDUs

From: Francisco Albani
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU to Tagged Stream with BIG PDUs
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:37:38 -0300

Thank you, Bastian! Your suggestion allowed me to move forward.

The error message appears to be generated only in the min_available_space function of this file: gnuradio-runtime/lib/block_executor.cc .

I tried to derive an exact _expression_ of the value I need to set for a given payload size, but I couldn't in the time I had. Does anybody already know it?

Another question I have is: will set_min_output_buffer have any effect on a running flowgraph? Is that a good idea?

Thanks!

Hi,

> On 14 Mar 2016, at 16:56, Francisco Albani <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I wrote a custom message block that produces a PDU with complex samples. My plan is to connect it to a PDU to Tagged Stream and then to a UHD Sink (with len_tag_name = 'packet_len').
>
> The goal is to transmit a burst for each packet. This packets are made of approximately 14k samples and sometimes more.
>
> I'm unable to do this because of this error:
>
> thread[thread-per-block[1]: <block pdu_to_tagged_stream (2)>]: Buffer too small for min_noutput_items
>
> I tried rising the PDUtoTaggedStream block min/max output buffer size to its maximum values with no success.
>
> Attached is the minimum equivalent flowgraph that shows the same problem.
>
> Is this a Scheduler hardcoded limitation?
>
> Anybody knows a workaround?

the Tag Debug and Null Sink seem to not have an interface for adjusting the buffers, but if I add it (manually) to the python file, it works for me

(self.blocks_pdu_to_tagged_stream_0).set_min_output_buffer(100000)
(self.blocks_null_sink_0).set_min_output_buffer(100000)
(self.blocks_tag_debug_0).set_min_output_buffer(100000)

Best,
Bastian