Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSOC 2016: Help Review Project Proposal

From: Jan Krämer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSOC 2016: Help Review Project Proposal
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:03:31 +0100

Hi Tanero,

It seems that you know your way around LDPC Codes and the theory behind it, which is a really good thing. But there are still things to improve.

- Check your spelling and grammar again. Also the formatting needs reshaping (at least in Githubs preview and Fedoras document viewer) .
- Regarding optimizations. If you manage to highlight a bit more, how SIMD could help improve the speed by parallelizing steps and how reducing the Parity check matrixes helps with random memory accesses that would be a great plus for your proposal.
- You should try to get a bit more familiar with the FEC-API. You have an extra timeslot dedicated to integrating the finished OOT blocks into the FEC-API. Just for the record, you can have your own OOT block that is already using the FEC-API. Transferring that OOT block is to core-GNURadio would just be a copy of the source files and adjusting of the gr-fec CMakeLists.txt. I think it would fine with developing the blocks first as an OOT module (if it is using the FEC-API from the beginning) and then porting it to gr-fec. But directly integrating the LDPC blocks in gr-fec would be also an option.

Cheers and happy hacking,
Jan

  I made an update to the proposal,mentors please help me review the proposal,your opinions highly

awaited.Here is the link https://github.com/tanerochris/gsoc-2016/blob/master/%20gsoc_2016_application.pdf

Thanks.