[Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus N210 GMSK 9600

From: Tom Golden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus N210 GMSK 9600
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:48:56 -0600

Hi,

I'm a novice gnu radio user.  I'm using gnuradio with an Ettus N210 cabled to a modem transmitting GMSK 9600bps.  This is just for a test to verify the modem transmit bits.

I'm having issues with resampling.  The N210 clock can't be set to a multiple of 9600, so I'm attempting to resample.  I've tried various mechanisms but the output after resampling to 96000 is too noisy to successfully decode bits.  I've tried the GMSK demod block as well as the combination of Quadrature Demod->Clock Recovery MM->Binary Slicer - and neither works.

I've also played with the Polyphase clock sync but I don't see any noticeable difference. Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks!!
-Tom