Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft seg fault

From: Daniel R. Marlow
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft seg fault
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:34:22 +0000

On Mar 23, 2016, at 8:53 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

> On 03/23/2016 07:46 PM, Daniel R. Marlow wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   H/W:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz
>>    USRP:  Ettus B210
>>     OS:  Ubuntu 15.04
>> gnuradio:  3.7.5
>>
>>    The most recent step was to do a simple binary install of uhd-host and
>> gnradio using
>>
>>   > sudo apt-get install uhd-host
>>   > sudo apt-get install gnuradio
>>
>>    All seemed to work OK.
>>    > uhd_usrp_probe
>>    works as expected (displays info about B210)
>>
>>    However, when I try to run
>>     > uhd_fft -f 1420M
>>     the program seg fautls.
>>         The same is true when I try
>>     > gnuradio-companion
>>     and also
>>     > python top_block_ex.py
>>      where top_block_ex.py is a known-to-work module from another project.
>>
>>    See the screen dump below.   I don't believe it's a windows issue, since
>> other apps open windows without problems.     Full disclosure:  installation
>> of the binaries was preceded with a PyBOMBS installation (which seemed to go
>> OK, except that uhd_usrp_probe was not found)
>>
>>    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.   (Sorry if this is hopelessly
>> naive.)
>>
>> --Dan Marlow
> Could you try a simple "sudo ldconfig" after doing those apt-based installs?
> Does that fix the issue?

Thanks Marcus.

I did a "sudo ldconfig" but to no avail.

I am wondering if the problem is destructive interference between the apt-get
install of the binaries
and my attempt to install using PyBOMBS?   If so, is there anything I should do
to get rid of the PyBOMBS
other than an "rm" of the installation directories?

--Dan