Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Max Sampling Rate Limitation

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Max Sampling Rate Limitation
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:36:09 -0400

On 03/28/2016 07:10 AM, Daniel R. Marlow wrote:
Hi Fikrat,

    The sampling rate must be twice the BANDWIDTH that you want.    I don't know much about
WiFi, but from the numbers you give, the range of frequencies you are interested in seems to
span about 2.447 - 2.427 GHz = 20 MHz.   The receiver users an analog mixer to shift the frequency
band you want down to near zero frequency, so sample with 50 MHz should be adequate.

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow
This is all complex sampling, so if your signal is 20Mhz wide, then sample it at a little more than 20MHz.  With complex (I/Q) sampling,
  a signal is sampled twice during each sampling period (at 90 degree intervals).   This satisfies Nyquist.