Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT graphical sink: how set dimension?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT graphical sink: how set dimension?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:57:29 +0200

I know there's the Qt Tab widget (look under "GUI widgets"), but I
haven't played around with that.

Regarding protected python code:
Well, the problem is that the python code Generator class re-generates
the python code from scratch each time and doesn't even try to read
what's there already. That really makes debugging the code generation
easier; there's no chance some modification might damage the "stub" code.
However, it means that modifications don't survive, indeed.

In many circumstances, there might be an elegant workaround: If you've
got a relatively recent GNU Radio, your GRC will contain "Python
Module", which you can use to have python code that gets automatically
written to a different .py file when the Python code is generated; that
way, you can have your own functions that you can call e.g. in your
block properties.

But I think your idea is pretty interesting, anyway. Maybe there's
already thoughts on that or similar concepts; I just don't know :)

Best regards,
Marcus