Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to execute a flow with remote desktop on a

From: martijn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to execute a flow with remote desktop on an RPi
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 19:05:27 +0200

JL,

It seems to me that you inserted a QTgui_waterfall in a WXgui top block..
These cannot be mixed and look for the WX equivalent of the same thing!

Martijn

On 03 Apr 2016, at 05:52, Jean Luc <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the list and I'm trying to execute a flow in GRC on an RPi3 accessed via a remote desktop connection (I need to run it headless because I'd like to use it for radio-astronomy with an SDR).  The flow is extremely simple (just an osmocom source and the WX GUI FFT sink, I'm trying to test the setup before doing anything).

I did pass the first error, by setting

[wxgui]
style=nongl

in ~/.gnuradio/config.conf but got C++ assertion "m_window" failed at ../src/gtk/dcclient.cpp(2043) in DoGetSize(): GetSize() doesn't work without window when running the flow. Googling for it revealed a workaround 2 years ago (downgrading Python) and another message on this list about the QT widgets that will replace the WX ones.

So I replaced the WX GUI FFT sink with the QT Frequency Sink and now I get a different error (and no output):

Executing: "/home/pi/top_block.py"

linux; GNU C++ version 4.9.1; Boost_105500; UHD_003.007.003-0-unknown

Using Volk machine: neon_hardfp_orc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/top_block.py", line 139, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/pi/top_block.py", line 63, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_waterfall_sink_x_0_win)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line 101, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

I would appreciate some help here for choosing the recommended way to approach this (if possible at all).

Many thanks,
JL