Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CT1FFU converter with RTL-SDR and gqrx

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CT1FFU converter with RTL-SDR and gqrx
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:03:28 +0200

On 18/04/16 23:11, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 18/04/16 22:32, Ron Economos wrote:
>> There's a high pass filter on the output that is designed to pass
>> frequencies above 150 MHz. If the LO is only 40 MHz, the high pass
>> filter will greatly attenuate the entire HF band.
>>

> That had occurred to me as well, although I notice they are now offering
> a 65.52 MHz LO[1] and their full SDR receiver box does advertise having
> a 40 MHz LO, so I presume they have to adjust the high pass filter for
> those models.  The 40 MHz signal comes through quite strongly and is
> detected by the RTL-SDR.
>
> I sent them an email earlier today, I'll see how they respond, maybe it
> was just a manufacturing issue.

I called them this afternoon and I was told that the 40 MHz oscillator
is normal now, they still have to update the docs.

Can anybody comment on my other queries about this device, should I be
using it with an LNA or band-pass filter or both or I should have
satisfactory results with the upconverter by itself?