Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected wifi_loopback.grc output

From: Gupta, Arjan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected wifi_loopback.grc output
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 04:59:52 +0000

Thank you! I appreciate it.
From: Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 10:56 PM
To: Gupta, Arjan; address@hidden

Hi,

On 04/26/2016 03:44 AM, Gupta, Arjan wrote:
> Here is the output the output for the flow graph:
>
> http://pastebin.com/JrfKwEB7

Looks fine.

> When I generate the flow graph for wifi_loopback.grc, it gives me the
> output:
>
> -----
>
> Generating: '/home/student/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/examples/wifi_loopback.py'
>  >>> Warning: This flow graph may not have flow control: no audio or RF
> hardware blocks found. Add a Misc->Throttle block to your flow graph to
> avoid CPU congestion.
>
> -----
>

> Is it supposed to be this way or am I doing something wrong? Any help
> would be really appreciated.

That's OK. It just tells you that if you had only streams in your flow
graph and no clock that throttles it down then the flow graph would run
at maximum speed occupying all CPU cores.

In the loopback example there is, however, a message strobe that inputs
frames only from time to time and, therefore, takes care not to burn
your CPU.

Best,
Bastian