Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'Can't Avoid' fixes in current GNUradio 3.7.9.2

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'Can't Avoid' fixes in current GNUradio 3.7.9.2
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:07:20 -0400

On 04/28/2016 03:43 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

You can see the criteria we have for our version numbering here:

Tom, thanks for the pointer and for the answers.

    On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Lamar Owen <address@hidden
    <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
    And that's the crux of my question: concisely, are there any 'you
    really need to update and can't avoid it' changes between 3.7.5
    and 3.7.9?  ...

I would think "probably not" within the 3.7 API version series. There have been plenty of additional features and bug fixes, but whether or not they are critical depends on your needs and applications. But I'd say the burden of proving "can't avoid" is pretty high.

You can look through that link I pasted above where we catalog the changes in all of our releases to see if anything sticks out at you, though.

Again thanks for the concise answer; this is the information I was looking for. And thanks, also, for your long involvement with teh project!