Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] displaying a hexidecimal value with QT GUI Label

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] displaying a hexidecimal value with QT GUI Label
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 03:32:08 +0200

That "formatter" needs to be a python callable that takes a single numeric argument. In your case something like:

hex

(hex is a python built-in callable that converts numbers to hex strings), or, giving you more flexibility:

"0x{:X}".format

(because "{:x}".format(15) returns "F", See [1]). That format allows you to do much more (fixed width, 0-filling etc).

If things get more complicated, you might just need to use a python lambda.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/string.html#formatstrings