Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!

From: Anon Lister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 03:11:17 -0400

Andy,
If you ever find your self building on an el6 like system again, any script (even bash history) of doing so would be awesome. I'm working on building on cent 6 when I get spare time (rarely) and would love if someone else had a head start.

Since I'm replying in the pybombs thread, I did try it and it broke pretty badly. Missing deps and such, I'd be willing to try to help get with that after I get the build down by hand and know what I can use from yum and what I have to source build (which I expect is almost everything).

Did get el7 build without much issue, don't think I needed to source build GCC or anything, there were only a few packages that needed source build, boost I think was the only big one.

-Anon

On May 17, 2016 1:39 PM, "Andy Walls" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 12:44 -0400, address@hidden
wrote:
> Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:51:45 +0200
> From: Marcus M?ller
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> first of all: thanks for jumping through all these hoops to push
> PyBOMBS!
>
> So, trying to make things (especially recipe fixes etc) easier to test
> for me, I've built myself a small set of script to log in to a set of
> VMs, install pip & git there, install pybombs in the vm, adding a test
> user, getting pyBOMBS and then install a package of my choice.
> That all's built atop of ansible and I hope the stuff one needs to do
> test this on one's own VMs is documented well enough:
>
> https://github.com/marcusmueller/ansible-pybombs-testing
>
> I can only second the call for people to look at building thrift
> 0.9.3,
> especially on something that's not Ubuntu. As it is now, I really
> can't
> find a way to do so on CentOS7, and that's one of the platforms I'd
> really love to support.

Huh, that's one of the few things that built with no problems on
Scientific Linux 6.x, after I did this:

mkdir -p ${HOME}/target/share/aclocal
echo `/usr/bin/aclocal --print-ac-dir` >> ${HOME}/target/share/aclocal/dirlist
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/target/lib64:${HOME}/target/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
export LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/target/lib64:${HOME}/target/lib
export PATH=${HOME}/target/bin:/usr/lib64/qt4/bin:${PATH}
export PYTHONDOCS=${HOME}/target/share/doc/python-2.7.11
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${HOME}/target/lib64/pkgconfig:${HOME}/target/lib/pkgconfig:${HOME}/target/share/pkgconfig

and I installed the following from source or PIP:

binutils-2.26.tar.gz (source)
gcc-4.9.3.tar.gz (source)
   gmp-4.3.2.tar.bz2
   mpfr-2.4.2.tar.gz
   mpc-0.8.1.tar.gz
   isl-0.12.2.tar.bz2
   cloog-0.18.1.tar.gz
m4-1.4.17.tar.gz (source)
autoconf-2.69.tar.gz (source)
automake-1.15.tar.gz (source)
bison-3.0.4.tar.gz (source)
Python-2.7.11.tgz (source)
boost_1_53_0.tar.bz2 (source)
pip (using get-pip.py)
libevent-2.0.22-stable.tar.gz (source)
twisted (pip)

I can't recall the thrift deps that I installed with YUM, but they are
most certainly old and from the SciLinux or EPEL repos.

Then this thrift build process worked:

git clone https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
cd thrift
git checkout 0.9.3
./bootstrap.sh && ./configure --prefix=${HOME}/target \
  --with-c_glib --with-cpp --with-libevent --with-python \
  --without-csharp --without-d --without-erlang --without-go \
  --without-haskell --without-java --without-lua --without-nodejs \
  --without-perl --without-php --without-ruby --without-zlib \
  --without-qt4 --without-qt5 \
  --disable-tests --disable-tutorial \
  CC=gcc CXX=g++ PY_PREFIX=${HOME}/target CXXFLAGS="-DNDEBUG"
make -j 5
make install
cd ..

I recall a nagging dependency was the libevent 2.x stuff.  There's
headers for <event2/...> or something like that, which thrift needs,
that is not in older versions of libevent.

FWIW, Thift lists its requirements here:
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/centos

Regards,
Andy