Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Source Error (on windows)

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Source Error (on windows)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 22:42:57 +0300

OK, I was able to reproduce the issue, and it appears to me to a core GNURadio issue not specifically related to the installer

udp_source_impl.cc is setting the SO_LINGER option on the UDP socket, which at least on Windows, causes a WSAENOPROTOOPT exception, because linger doesn't really mean anything for a UDP socket.

Perhaps the Linux folks can help here, but I'm guessing that this option must be simply ignored on Linux so there is no error for most users.  Looking at the man pages doesn't specify any particular behavior required.

Geof