Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-rtl - making multi-channel receiver out of

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-rtl - making multi-channel receiver out of multiple RTL-SDR dongles
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:28:44 +0200

That, or simply, the output clock VCO changes its reaction to the
control voltage under certain circumstances (temperature, frequency) so
much that the control loop loses the ability to reach stationary
exactness (e.g. due to natural limits on the magnitude of the VCO
voltage). These devices definitely were made with cost in mind – not
with maximum reliability, and hence I can believe that for example with
the Elonics E4000 tuner, the charge pump used to generate the VCO
voltage simply might deteriorate with temperature.

Cheers,
Marcus