Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wideband Random Noise Cypherpunk Guerrilla Radio

From: grarpamp
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wideband Random Noise Cypherpunk Guerrilla Radio - Doc Req
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:16:18 -0400

On 6/1/16, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, then this discussion gets quickly out of scope of GNU Radio – you
> see, GNU Radio is mostly for complex baseband signal processing, and
> that kind of radio really depends on things being done in hardware. So,
> not SDR.

The paper specifically called to SDR and GNURadio as
suitable to the application. As before, time has passed,
I don't remember tech specifics of it, and searching doesn't
return it, so only option is to post here seeing if someone
else has a recollection on it, or is collating similar work.
The "funny subject line" application themes I listed would be
as much a recall trigger to someone else who read it as
any tech description would be.

The random part may rather than been used to generate
some signal/noise/RF, also have been just a shared mask
over something else, within which a select or ignore.would
yield bitstream.

Wasn't asking for walltexts, others need room to comment / link.

I'll download and search the mbox archives too, thanks for pointing
them out.

> Such a paper hasn't been posted here.

Rather than some formal announce and discuss pony show,
it could have been just a link in some random thread,
no one's recall is perfect of those, particularly if
they didn't download and look it over at the time.

> either way only do so on the discuss-gnuradio list if their research
> included GR in the first place.

There's leeway. Is there a more general, gnuradio agnostic, SDR list?

> written an IEEE paper containing the word "GNU Radio" in the metadata,

> investigations

> quite a bit around topic :)

IEEE probably doesn't accept papers dealing with, at least in part,
possibly applied toward "illegal in some jurisdiction" use of airwaves.

It's understood that causes friction in britches of some readers. Oh well.
Cypherpunk Guerrilla Radio... a fun topic for some others to investigate indeed.