Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK mod/demod + strange behavior

From: Olivier Goyette
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK mod/demod + strange behavior
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:16:47 -0400

As promised, I'm giving the documentation I talked about yesterday and hop it will clarify some of the things we discussed earlier.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1blrausidm66tg4/DO-282B%20with%20Corrigendum%201_bx87er.pdf?dl=0

the password is bx87er

on page 23, you will find what the transmission spectrum should look like
on page 91, what the receiver should be made of
on page 95, what is the decoding process
on page 256, what the spectrum should look like

and on appendix H3, the section talking about RRC

hope it will help you understand

thank you

Olivier

Marcus,
any PAM signal with symbol rate R can be transmitted using bandwidth R/2
(essentially a sinc pulse; this is the case when you put 0 as the roll-off factor of an RRC).
I thought your comment was not specifically for CPFSK,
but general transmission schemes thus my clarification.
If it is specific for CPFSK then kindly disregard the above.
Achilleas