Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio - GNSS SDR Installation

From: Nicolas Cuervo Benavides
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio - GNSS SDR Installation
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:41:46 -0700

Hi Berat,

I might be wrong, but it appears to be an autotools problem, as it doesn't seem to find the aclocal. You can try running:

sudo apt-get install autotools-dev

sudo apt-get install automake

maybe you'd have to install also aclocal via apt-get. I tried installing the gnss recipe via pybombs and it worked fine (I had already the autotools installed). Tell if after installing this and reinstalling the recipe your build is complete.

Also, regarding the icon, I don't think it is a good idea to have icons for gnuradio-companion installed via pybombs. If you are developing using different pybombs containers, you'd like to know which installation are you using for each of the containers that you are working with, and that's why you have different prefixes that are also completely independent with each other (and that is the reason why also you'd have to install gnuradio in every prefix if you intend to use it separately). If you really want desktop icons and such, one thing you could do is install the gnuradio on your system using the build script, which I believe already includes the icons generation [1]. But keep in mind that if you have different gnuradio installations for your prefixes, it may get confusing for you and the machine. If you choose this path you may also want to desable the gnuradio dependency for every recipe that install on pybombs, so that it points to the one installed on the system.

I may be mistaken, but I'd consider running it from the shell every time after setting up the environment. Sounds easier to me.

Regards,

Nicolas

[1] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGRFromSource