[Discuss-gnuradio] random phase offset constantly changing with octocloc

From: Pavan Yedavalli
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] random phase offset constantly changing with octoclock setup
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:26:33 -0700

Hi,

Despite all of my boards being connected via the Octoclock (ref and pps), I am constantly getting different phase offsets every time I run a gnuradio flowgraph (or python file).

I am not sure why this is happening, but I do know that I need to call one of the functions, set_time_now() and/or set_time_unknown_pps(), to make sure all of them are synced. Which one am I supposed to call? I have been calling set_time_unknown_pps(), but I am getting the above/below problem with that, so maybe set_time_now() could be correct?

In general, I don't understand why I continually get a different random phase offset of all of the radios after every new flowgraph run. Shouldn't this offset be the same if I continue to transmit at the same frequency? Would one of the above functions fix that?

Hopefully that is clear. Thank you so much for the help.

--
Pavan