[Discuss-gnuradio] About closing flowgraph automatically

From: Simone Ciccia S210664
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About closing flowgraph automatically
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:32:19 +0200

Goodmorning,
I would like to Know some methods to Close flowgraph automatically when it has finished. Some example, stop when USRP has no more samples to transmits, or a file source has read until EOF. The Run of completion option works when (for instance) you have a file source connected to other non-PMT Message block and a sink (USRP or null sink...). However, when the file source output is converted to pmt Message, then the flowgraph does not stop anymore when rhe file source has finished. Probably because the PMT Message block continue to waits for messages. In this case, How I can stop automatically the flowgraph? I would like to Close the flowgraph when EOF or USRP has no more sample to transmit, for example, in a situation like the following:

FILE SOURCE -> STREAM TO PMT MESSAGE -> PROCESSING BLOCKS -> PMT MESSAGE TO FILE SOURCE -> USRP SINK

Thank for yours support and for the great utility of the list 😊
simone