Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] NI USRP RIO with Ubuntu/MINT

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] NI USRP RIO with Ubuntu/MINT
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:48:22 +0200

When you install UHD from our binaries, it's important that you first uninstall your Linux distro's UHD and GNU Radio and you _must not_ re-install GNU Radio from your distro's package manager but build it from source, otherwise, you will get library incompatibilities and segfaults.

But that is a separate issue from uhd_usrp_probe not finding devices. Make sure the USRP is connected and powered up _before_ you boot your PC, then verify you can see the device via pcie and that the nirio module is loaded [1].

I hope this helps,

Marcus

[1] http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_x3x0.html#x3x0_comm_problems_not_enumerated