Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Illegal sub-command when installing

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Illegal sub-command when installing
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:40:52 -0400

>> No, that's just a quotation style. I remember someone posting this error
>> before... I just can't quite remember what the issue was.
OK, thanks, was grasping at straws

>> Anyway, what's happening here is that a KeyError is making it's way out
>> to the code that then shows the error message. There's nothing wrong
>> with the 'add' command, it's just the error message is for the wrong
>> error. I've pushed a fix to PyBOMBS that would at least give you the
>> right error message. Can you please try again?

OK, blew away .pybombs folder and pybombs (where I installed stuff), and then ran:
sudo pip install --upgrade git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git

I then added the two recommended recipes in and ran:
pybombs prefix init ~pybombs -a myprefix -R gnuradio-default

The error I get is:
PyBOmbs.Packager.source - ERROR - Problem occured while building package rtl-sdr:
Unable to fetch recipe rtl-sdr
PyBOMBS.install_manager - ERROR - Error installing package rtl-sdr. Aborting.