[Discuss-gnuradio] Attribute error: and support with external class and

From: Pranav Padalkar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Attribute error: and support with external class and header files
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 10:47:45 +0000

Hello all,

I have written a c++ code and I wish to implement as a block in GNURadio. I created a module (named "newblocks") and a block (named "my_client) and made appropriate changes. The thing is, I have many class and header files for my c++ code, for eg. Protobuf. I put those files in a folder called "client" inside "include" folder of my module (gr-newblocks/include/newblocks/client). It showed no error during cmake, make, make install and ldconfig. But when I put the block in the flowgraph and run it, it gives me following error.

File "/home/sdr/workspace/develop/Pranav/USRP_client/usrp_client.py", line 115, in __init__
    self.newblocks_my_client_0 = newblocks.my_client("123", "8080")
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'my_client'

I already had a working block in the same module, which I had created earlier. And now even that block gives me same error. If I don't use any of the two blocks, the flowgraph works fine.

I, then, also added a CMakeLists.txt file in that "client" folder and entered all the .h and .c files in the text file. I added the entry for "client" folder in the "Add subdirectories" part of the CMakeLists.txt in (gr-newblocks/ ). Is there anything else I need to do in order to use my own class and header files? Do I also need to put the .o files along with the header and class files? I tried with both, putting the .o files and not putting them, it still shows the same error.

I even created a new module and a new block and copy pasted my code and header and class files. I still get the same error. I kindly ask for help in this regard. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, GnuRadio 3.7.9.2, I am using a lot of Boost 1.61.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Pranav Padalkar
Fraunhofer-Institut für Eingebettete Systeme und Kommunikationstechnik ESK