[Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and Receive hopping Sequence in FHSS (using

From: Ajinkya D Kadam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and Receive hopping Sequence in FHSS (using gr-spread module) mismtach
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 19:16:57 -0400

HI All,

I am using gr-spread module to transmit a signal using FHSS. When I receive the FHSS signal, the received signal has a completely different hopping sequence as from the transmitted one. I am using USRP N210 for transmission and reception. I am not sure why this is happening. The transmitted sequence is (frequencies in Khz)

    187.5
   -12.5
   162.5
   -62.5
    62.5
   137.5
   -112.5
   -37.5
   112.5
   -162.5
   -137.5
   -87.5
   12.5
   37.5
   87.5

 and the received sequence is

      37.5
      62.5
      112.5
      -187.5
      12.5
      187.5
     -37.5
      87.5
      162.5
     -87.5
      0
      137.5
     -137.5
     -112.5
      -62.5
      37.5
      62.5

I have created a movie out of the images which plots the IQ, FFT and WaterFall plot for the transmitted signal and the received signal using the "plot_psd_base.py" file in gr-utils. Please have a look at both of them here and here

Please see the attached files for the flowgraphs, I am using as the transmitter and receiver.

I have stored the received and transmitted signal to a file. Since these are large files I have uploaded them to google drive here

Could someone please help me understand the behavior I am observing ?

Is this some sort of synchronization issue ? What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance.