Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitter Control

From: Gavin Jacobs
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitter Control
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 15:49:01 +0000

Sorry if this is a triplicate- I can't figure out why it didn't go through the list yesterday and the day before, so I'm re-sending.

Transmitter Control
I am working on a flow graph to send APRS packets. I have made good progress from the UDP source up to the GR-OSMOSDR sink, but I am a bit stuck on how to enable/disable the transmitter of the hackrf. I would like any advice or comments on these options:
1) write a new sink block that accepts messages or tags to control the transmitter
2) enable/disable the sink at run time; I'm not hopeful because if I do this manually, the TX LED stays on
3) other?

Also, assuming I get the TX control working, I need to somehow insert a preamble, to allow the receivers to stabilize. Any advice welcome.