Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly add a pybombs packager

From: U L
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly add a pybombs packager
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 23:17:18 -0700

All,

Thanks for the help, I think I found my problem.  For searching installed packages, zypper is quite slow.  I have an alternative using the rpm command but the arguments were wrong, causing the version parsing to fail.  That's been fixed and it seems that packages are now properly installed (and not) as necessary.  However, it still doesn't help with the virtualenv installation.  Seems that the pip packager uses distutils for a number of packages that fail (wxpython, pycairo, pygobject, pygtk) in some cases b/c they state explicitly that they can't use distutils for installation on linux.  I can also try to forcebuild all of those.  I'll have to investigate further.  Perhaps I'll try an install in the system python of a openSUSE VM to see if it succeeds using zypper.  If so perhaps I could submit a pull request.

Anyways, that's the story.

Jared.