[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio for Windows

From: Lyman Paquette
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio for Windows
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:54:05 -0400

Greetings,

Recently I downloaded gnuradio for Windows to try as I do not have a working Linux box at present.

The install went smoothly but upon starting gnuradio the command window came up and gave the following errors:

Snip>>>

setting gnuradio environment

** (python.exe:10624): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (python.exe:10624): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (python.exe:10624): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\gnuradio\grc\main.py:43: GtkWarning: Could not find the icon 'gnuradio-grc'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.

<<<Snip

You probably already know about these but in case no one has let you know I am posting here.

Using Win 10 - 64bit with Python 3.5 installed.

It seems to be able to do some things but not others. As I am just trying to learn gnuradio I have not tested extensively.

I will try your ubuntu build and upgrade gnuradio.

regards