[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM channel estimation

From: Andreas Weinand
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM channel estimation
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 15:25:26 +0200

Hello,

i'm currently dealing with OFDM channel estimation and try to read out the estimated values for this purpose. It works when i take the ones that are given by the tag debug block (Key: ofdm_sync_chan_taps). But somehow the values look a bit strange to me. Can anybody explain why there are some carriers in the upper frequency range that are not allocated, although they should be (see the plotted values). I did not change the number of active subcarrier which is 48. So carriers should be allocated up to carrier 59. I have used N210 USRPs und SBX daughterboards to get these values, but the same thing happens when i run the ofdm receiver in a simulation. The magnitude of these upper carriers is still approx. 1 Decade below the magnitude of the other active carriers in that case like in the OTA setup. Can anybody help with this problem?

Best regards
Andreas Weinand