Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Sync for Bursts

From: Garver, Paul W
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Sync for Bursts
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:17:10 +0000

Thanks for the response. My signal actually has a pilot/clock before the preamble, which I think should help the clock sync lock, but I still wasn't getting good results. I changed the number of filters in the filter bank to 16 from 32, and this makes the clock sync work on the first packet.  From my understanding the trade space here is the interpolation is now limited to a resolution of T_s/16  compared to T_s/32. The interpolated sample may not be perfectly aligned to the true matched filter peak. My guess is the RRC filter was too long compared to the packet length.