Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some Detailed Questions about GNURadio GrRxFM Pro

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some Detailed Questions about GNURadio GrRxFM Project On Android
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:50:20 -0400

Hi Charlie,

It's been a while since I've touched Java/Android stuff, but those are ControlPort functions (part of the GNU Radio API). To use them they have to be wrapped by the JNI which looks like it was done with https://github.com/trondeau/GrRxFM/blob/master/controlport/src/main/java/gnuradio.thrift#L103 They are RPC service calls that Thrift should build actual code for as part of your app build process.

My guess from what I remember working with this is that you have to set up your gradle/whatever the "project" build system is called now correctly so that your app gui/main thread can see those service definitions.