[Discuss-gnuradio] Error in using Accessor method in GNU Radio 3.7. Attr

From: kunal sankhe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in using Accessor method in GNU Radio 3.7. AttributeError: Object has no attribute
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:25:08 -0400

Hello Members,

I am using GNU Radio 3.7.10.1 and have created a new OOT module using gr_modtool.
I have created two blocks 1) Random Phase Perturbation 2) Apply BF weight, again using gr_modtool

My goal is to update the parameter 'bf_weight' of Apply BF weight block using the function probe
with function poll_complex_gain() defined in the block Random Phase Perturbation.

Block: Random Phase Perturbation

This block has accessor method "poll_complex_gain" defined in its randphpert4_f_impl.h file as below:

gr_complex poll_complex_gain() const { return d_complex_gain;}

While running GRC, I am getting below run-time error:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/genesys/Documents/EnergyHarvesting-Project/top_block.py", line 80, in _bf_weight_probe
    val = self.EnergyBeamforming_randphpert4_f_0.poll_complex_gain()
AttributeError: 'randphpert4_f_sptr' object has no attribute 'poll_complex_gain'

While searching for similar problems, I found a solution in the thread https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2014-06/msg00152.html,
which mentioned
to add the accessor in the include/*.h file as a virtual member function
I defined virtual function poll_complex_gain in randphpert4_f.h file as below
virtual gr_complex poll_complex_gain() const { return d_complex_gain; }
But, I am still getting the same error as above.

Please let me know, where am I making mistake.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kunal Sankhe