[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Error of No Control Response

From: Bojun Sun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Error of No Control Response
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 18:49:49 -0500

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a kind of UHD error of no control response and have no clue of the cause. Can you guys help me figure it out? Thanks☺

My goal and HW connection:
For the first stem, I want to run this code (https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11) using USRP 2920s. The connection is: USRP1 connect to USRP2 by MIMO cable; USRP2 connect to GB switch by Ethernet cable; and laptop connect to GB switch by another Ethernet cable.

My questions:
  • When I run the TX code, the LED A of USRP 2920 blink with dim light. I also wire the TX1/RX1 port to an oscilloscope, I can observe the signal frequency at the desired frequency. From the GNU Radio debugging window, it shows the following information. Is it working properly? I'm not sure because the status of LED A is blink.

  • When I run the RX code, I can't observe the correct constellation map and get UHD error in the debugging window. The error messages are as follows:

after seconds, get the following error. If I stop the program, it will end up with a return code -9. I googled the meaning of return code and didn't find the meaning.

I run the code for another time, it popup similar error messages.

Some answers of previous questions in the archive of GNU Radio mailing list says it might be the ARP problem. I added the IP and MAC addresses into the ARP table but it didn't solve this problem.
but I'm not sure whether it is the reason that I got the error message. What's more, if so, I'm still confused that the buffer refers to, the buffer of USRP or the buffer of my laptop? and how to solve it?

My system info:

Best regards,

Bojun Sun