Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no module specified) in the block tree

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no module specified) in the block tree
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:58:33 -0800

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Tom Early <address@hidden> wrote:

The tool-tip on this branch says the modules should have a module name in their GRC Block Descriptions or their Block Tree. I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how fix this. Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Just add <category>[NAME]</category> to the XML description for each block, right after the name and key entries (change NAME to your module name as you want it listed.)

This was something that was added in 3.7.10 to help clean up the category tree and to allow OOT modules to have all their blocks grouped together separately from the pre-supplied GNU Radio modules.

-Johnathan