[Discuss-gnuradio] Out-of-Tree Block and Gnu Scientific Library: problem

From: Emanuel.Staudinger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Out-of-Tree Block and Gnu Scientific Library: problems with SWIG?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 08:23:54 +0000

Dear GnuRadio experts,

I want to use some minimization functions from the Gnu Scientific Library (GSL) in my own OOT module, e.g. a simple 1-D minimizer such as Brent’s method. In my OOT module I can compile and install my new block with GSL without any errors (seems like compilation and linking worked), but when the flow-graph in GRC is started I get an error that a module (which is already there and worked before) cannot be found. I had a similar problem once when I used e.g., the FFT block in my OOT module and forgot to add “FFT” as part of the required blocks in the CmakeLists file. There I got the some error message.

So how do I add the GSL correctly to my Cmake list? I checked some older mails in the archive but did not get any smarter. I also saw that GnuRadio already depends on GSL. So how could I proceed?

Regards,

Emanuel