[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11 tx and rx

From: Nikita Airee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11 tx and rx
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:04:29 +0530

Hi everyone!

I am working on the gr-ieee802-11(https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11)

Setup consists of 2 usrp 2953R (X310) connected via SMA and 30 dB attenuator at the Rx end.

The problem I'm facing is that the packets that are sent do not get decoded at the reciever for high sample rates of 10 and 20Msa/s.

On enabling debugging of Decode Mac block I get 2 distinct messages which indicate where the error is:
  1. checksum wrong -- dropping
  2. Warning: starting to receive new frame before old frame was complete

The 2nd warning I assume causes overflow and the first prevents the packet from being decoded.

Could you please help me identify why this happens at higher sampling rates. Because at sampling rate of 2MHz, the packets do get decoded. However a 2MHz BW is not a part of the standard, so I cannot work with that.

Bests,

Nikita