Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Newbie] Decoding a signal and printing binary da

From: Michael M
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Newbie] Decoding a signal and printing binary data
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 10:34:09 -0600

Here are a few posts that I've found helpful in the past. They make for a good jumping-off
point and will help you get familiar with the steps, terminology, and tools involved.

[1] https://nccgroup.github.io/RFTM/fsk_receiver.html
[2] http://labs.inguardians.com/posts/20140516_GRC_Signal_Analysis.html
[3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36898574/fsk-demodulation-with-gnu-radio
[4] https://funoverip.net/2014/11/reverse-engineer-a-verisure-wireless-alarm-part-1-radio-communications/
[5] https://cansecwest.com/slides/2015/From_Baseband_to_bitstream_Andy_Davis.pdf

After reviewing them, you'll understand some more keywords you can add to your Google searches,
depending on what steps you had the hardest time with. I would also check out Inspectrum, which is
a fantastic visualization tool and has recently added some excellent measurement and symbol extraction
features. You may also be interested in checking out Mike Ossmann's talk from GRCON16 [7].

[6] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGff31uGXQU
[7] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQkBDMeODHc