Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 and integration with linux stack (

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 and integration with linux stack (wpa_supplicant)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 12:47:09 +0100

Hi,

On 12/06/2016 12:35 PM, Manolis Surligas wrote:
Hi all,

we have done it two years ago as part of my master thesis and it works
like a charm! The SDR IEEE 802.11 implementation can be configured as AP
using hostapd or adhoc via the network manager. We had some problems
making it work as a normal client however.

Our approach has a kernel module that provides an interface for
receiving and sending PDUs from/to SDR PHY. Internally, the kernel
module communicates with the mac80211 for passing around these PDUs.

wow that sounds cool. Would it be possible to share the code? I would love to give this a try.

Best,
Bastian