[Discuss-gnuradio] Boosting Output RMS Power of BasicTX Daughterboard

From: Michael Skaggs
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Boosting Output RMS Power of BasicTX Daughterboard
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:26:52 -0500

Hi all,

We're currently working with a BasicTX daughterboard attached to a N210 USRP. We are using both outputs of the BasicTX in quadrature (I on one channel, Q on the other). The problem we are running into is that the output power of the BasicTX board seems very low. Looking at it on an o-scope, we are seeing around 166mV RMS on each channel, which seems lower than we would expect.

We are using GNURadio Companion to transmit these waveforms, and it is a very simple setup. A single "Signal Source" block generating a sine wave into a "UHD: USRP Sink" block. The "amplitude" value is at it's near max without clipping in the ADC and since the daughterboard has no gain elements, "gain" does nothing, so we're kind of at a loss here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael