[Discuss-gnuradio] bins osmocom_spectrum_sense

From: Marc Pàmies Massip
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] bins osmocom_spectrum_sense
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:28:09 +0100

Dear all,

I think that my last question regarding osmocom_spectrum_sense was too general to be answered, so I will try with something more specific.

Does anyone know why the first and last 25% of FFT bins are discarded? I am talking about the following lines of code:

line 267: bin_start = int(tb.fft_size * ((1 - 0.75) / 2))
line 277: bin_stop = int(tb.fft_size - bin_start)

From a theoretical point of view it looks to me as if it is done because of the 25%-overlapping, but it that case I would discard only the 25% last bins. I would appreciate any help because I'm really stuck trying to understand the relation between the bins and the frequencies that are currently being analysed to compute the power.

Thanks in advance,

Marc.