Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with the ieee 802.11 a/g/p receiver (wifi

From: Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with the ieee 802.11 a/g/p receiver (wifi_rx)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 16:12:27 -0600

Hi Bastian,

I was testing the wifi_tx as well and I followed your tutorial where you asked to turn the wifi card into a monitor and then run the transmitter through the SDR. I also connected the Wireshark connector block to the WiFi PHY Hier block to see the packets being sent by the wifi_tx. After transmission when I open the pcap file it just shows me 2 entries and they say "Protocol WLAN, Info: Malformed Packet". I also dont see any UDP packets sent by the USRP in the pcap file generated by the monitor.

I didn't change the wifi_tx at all. Can you please tell me what could be going on? Isnt the script supposed to work. And what output should I be expecting?

Best,
Annie