[Discuss-gnuradio] SOC and a couple of ideas

From: Gregory Ratcliff
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SOC and a couple of ideas
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 18:25:16 -0500

Greetings all,

I suspect Marcus will answer this, but a discussion might be worthwhile.

There seem to be two areas within this most fantastic system that I see some
evolution (and SOC might help):

1. It seems gnuradio is being used for what it is, rather than a toolset to
create something to use.  Hopefully, this makes sense, but I can see that over
the next few years gnuradio should morph into an actual production system, that
draws in _users_.  I’m sure many of you know what I mean.

2. Because of the above class of users joining the gnuradio community, there
will more and more people will expect it to work, without issues.  It seems
like a concerted investment less complexity to build a running system.  I’m not
sure what that means, but I suspect a few of you have some interesting and
disruptive ideas that could greatly simplify the build process but not hurt
performance much.

Or…I’m nuts.

Greg
Nz8r