Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usage of GitHub

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Usage of GitHub
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 10:53:23 -0500

On 02/06/2017 05:03 PM, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
Please do not use github. It runs non-free JavaScript, hosts non-free
software discover-able by its users, and encourages poor licensing
practices. https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html
has extra information. I believe a GNU project may not refer users to
non-free resources in this manner.

I believe as an alternative, a Gogs instance provides functionality
similar to GitHub and may be self-hosted.