[Discuss-gnuradio] Testing Message Based Blocks

From: Dave NotTelling
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Testing Message Based Blocks
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 17:32:10 -0500

I am attempting to test a block that takes in complex samples and outputs PMT objects.  In order to properly test it, I need to run a vector through it and verify that the correct number of PMT objects were created.  Thus far I have not run across any blocks that act like a vector sink for PMT objects.  So, I created my own in Python.  When I run with the custom PMT sink the graph never stops.  If I create the same PMT sink in C++ then everything works as expected.  Attached is some example code.  If you build gr-poopie with `cmake .. && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig` you can then run the `test.py` script in the base directory.  It should work for the first three tests and then hang on the last one.

Thanks!

-Dave