Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Problems with USRP Sink/Source

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Problems with USRP Sink/Source
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:04:15 +0100

Hi Sverre,

I and Q are Real and Imaginary parts of your complex baseband signal – the digital signal you send to the USRP sink! z is just the formula symbol often used for complex numbers.

As this is a bit of an important concept in SDR, I'd recommend reading up on complex signals. There's a lot of good textbooks on signals and systems theory, but maybe Michael Ossmann's online tutorials might be a quick start:

http://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr/

is a good thing. It builds up gradually, so I recommend starting from the 1. "Welcome" chapter.

Your signal's amplitude values are simply to large. You need to reduce them, otherwise the USRP sink doesn't know what to do.

Best regards,

Marcus