Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] A DAB/DAB+ transceiver app: Draft of propo

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] A DAB/DAB+ transceiver app: Draft of proposal
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:16:12 +0100

Hi Ben,

that might be a bit much too ask for, since that involves the fine details of synchronizing audio hardware to RF hardware. We've had a lengthy discussion on that:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2016-11/msg00029.html

And frankly, Fons seems to be a bit of an expert on low-latency Audio on Linux, and I'm a bit of an expert on GNU Radio, and we couldn't agree on a universal, easy way to do that. I'd be really really happy if a student evaluated different control loops to implement for example the DLL or other approaches. But that alone would probably be worth a GSoC, if not a thesis.

Best regards,

Marcus