Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of p

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of proposal
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:51:05 +0100

> If we see from the user perspective, why would someone need two displays ?

You're assuming it would be the same people ... or at the same time.

* I could use QT locally but still expose a web UI for people to
remotely see what I'm describing. The local Qt UI could be more
complete and just have a basic read-only version exposed to others.
* I could use Qt locally with advanced visualization (fosphor for
instance) but still want a basic spectrum available on my phone so I
can go outside, tweak the antenna and see improvements live then come
back to my local station.

That's just off the top of my mind.

Cheers,

   Sylvain