Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p Transceiver module - Making cha

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p Transceiver module - Making changes in WiFi PHY Hier Block
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:57:15 +0100

Hi,

On 03/24/2017 08:44 PM, Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar wrote:
> How is a particular polarity picked for the pilot tones in each symbol
> with 52 subcarriers in GNU Radio? I can see the list in the OFDM Carrier
> Allocator block but where is this exactly happening in the code?

the pilots are copied here:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/lib/ofdm_carrier_allocator_cvc_impl.cc#L185-L189

The vector "d_pilot_carriers" is created from the list of pilots that
you mentioned (i.e. the argument of the carrier allocator block).
This list contains pilots according to the polarity pattern given in the
standard.

Best,
Bastian