Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802_11 not able to send or receive packets

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802_11 not able to send or receive packets.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 19:30:55 +0200

Hi,

Am 26.03.2017 um 19:39 schrieb Anshul Thakur:
Can't do that, don't have the transverters to operate in that range.
bladeRF has a max of 3.8GHz out of the box. But would it be any
different if, keeping everything else the same, the frontend just
transmitted the waveforms on some different frequency (say in the
sub-GHz range) if both Rx and Tx bladeRFs are tuned to the same frequency?

You deleted the context, but this was for the case where the SDR was supposed to receive frames from a normal WiFi device. On the 2.4GHz band, you will have to make sure that the WiFi card sends OFDM frames. In the 5GHz band, it would work out of the box. So it could make a difference.

     > No output. What I see at Rx is a fairly continuous value of about
    1 unit.
    I don't get that part.

Here's a screenshot.

I see, so you are basically receiving a DC spike.

​
The DC Offset correction has not been performed here. Could that be the
culprit?

Yes. Frame detection works based on the autocorrelation of the signal. The DC offset also has a high autocorrelation. The receiver, therefore, triggers frame processing for each and every sample, which totally overloads the PC. I would recommend to enable DC offset correction.

Best,
Bastian

Here, packetspammer is transmitting PDUs in channel 2 (and the AP is
also in the same channel).

On 26 March 2017 at 20:28, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden