Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Perfect Reconstruction Filter and GNURadio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Perfect Reconstruction Filter and GNURadio
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 19:30:41 +0200

Hi Bruno,

welcome to the mailing list!

Interpolation and Decimation filters are fundamental components of GNU Radio. Just use a "low pass filter" with a "decimation" or "interpolation" that is not 1. How to do that is covered by reading the guided tutorials:

http://tutorials.gnuradio.org

I don't think there's a reasonable IEEE paper about basic filter operations specifically in GNU Radio. The topic is pretty basic and well-researched and writing a paper about "hey, that's easy to do in this framework, too) will probably not excite reviewers overly much. So, everything that Oppenheim and Bellanger write in their Digital Signal Processing textbook classics applies to the implementation in GNU Radio.

Now, "perfect reconstruction" is a term I know from the theory of polyphase filterbanks (PFBs). And hey, GNU Radio comes with those! Again, the filters you use for these are what makes them perfect reconstruction, and thus, I don't think I can point you to "Perfect Reconstruction theory in GNU Radio" papers, because the theory is "older and well-understood" in literature – fred harris' Multirate Processing book is what you'd want to read and cite on that!

Cheers,
Marcus